A small single file jukebox
Version 6.1 Released 1.1.2019. Approximately 950 KB. See changelog
Save the .jar or .exe file anywhere and double click it. JavaTunes needs Java 1.7+ Install Java.
Any questions? Mail me
- AAC, Opus, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, MP3, ALAC and WavPack files are supported.
- No installation only one file.
- Touch screen mode
- Last.fm support http://www.last.fm/.
- Similar artist playback that makes shuffling much more pleasant.
- Find most popular tracks from an artist.
- Replay Gain supported.
- Gapless playback support.
- Karaoke with lyrics when a .cdg file with a matching name is found (MP3+G and OGG+G).
- Lyrics from the internet or if embedded.
- Album cover is showed if placed next to the audio file, if embedded or if found on the internet.
- Multiple artists and genres supported.
- Locking preventing your guests in skipping other requests.
- Queue mode resulting in no more half played songs. New requests are put in a queue.
- Search as you type provides the desired song in a few seconds.
- Album mode listing all your albums. Add a whole album to the play list and play it in the intended order.
- Duplicate songs are found with intelligent matching.
- Genre exception list to exclude certain genres in random mode.
- Full screen and minimized mode with always on top.
- ShoutCast support with "now playing" (try skyfm.m3u)
- HLS suppport
- Highly optimized by speed and size.
- Drag and drop files or directories from the file system.
- Statistic showing most played songs. Popular songs are marked with a star.
- Platform independent running on Windows, Linux, Mac OSX etc.
Supported tags are ID3v1, ID3v2.3, ID3v2.4, Ogg Comments, APEv2 and QuickTime
Supported cover tags are APIC, METADATA_BLOCK_PICTURE and COVERART
The playback is based on JLayer 1.0.1
and Jorbis 0.0.17
and jFLAC 1.3
and WavPack Java decoder
and concentus Opus decoder.
The player does not alter your media files
WinRAR problems on Windows? Does double-clickling JavaTunes starts WinRAR?
Solution: Start WinRAR. Goto "Options" -> "Settings" and choose "Integration". Remove the "JAR" flag and push "OK". Try again.
Browse old versions